BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 2, 2010

The Fam!

Everyone who has known me since high school, the past 5 years or even the last 6 months knows that every Sunday of mine is occupied. They know not to make plans with me and if they don't know and they ask me to go somewhere or hang out they will either get one of two responses, "Sunday Dinner." or "Are you kidding True Blood is coming on."
Yes, Sunday dinners with my family every Sunday since my oldest sister Carrie moved out the eons ago when I was in middle school. A ritual that my mother started because she refused to lose touch with her oldest daughter and the trend continued when my middle sister Sara moved out, then back in, then back out again. The ritual definitely stuck when the baby (me) moved out and begged to come back but before I was able to take the last box out of my room, my mom already had half her sewing gear arranged in her new craft room. I knew I couldn't come back after that. I felt the love Mom!
Our Sunday evenings consist of a chaotic cluster of events that are nothing but laughter. Whether it be my mom laughing over something funny or my sisters laughing from going delirious and losing their minds or their husbands laughing at them its laughter all the same but no matter if Sara leaves aggravated because her daughter threw bath water in her face or if Carrie leaves early from being driven insane from her boys I'm still doing my happy dance in the middle of my mothers kitchen at some point during the visit. Something like this...
















My mother has told me over and over that I needed to create a blog about our family gatherings and since I know its best to listen to your mother, here I go.




First, the family tree, of course. Oh yea and since I don't have any recent pictures of my family I will lead to the imagination as best as I can.













Mother, Denise, the greatest hero there is! The most down to earth person I know! The coolest Mom there is.






This man gets his real picture; My Dad, Ray, A true old fashioned country man. He could have his own book of what we call Ray-isms filled with quotes like, "I tell you what." and "Well, If you'd open your eyes." and my personal favorite "Money don't grow on trees."











This truly seemed fitting for my oldest sister, Carrie. She married her high school sweet heart and got her two boys, Dylan and Jacob and while she loves them with all heart, I've noticed that the amount of times that shes yells, "GOD I can't wait to go back to work!" has increased. She should also just replace her right hand with a paddle because she's always looking for a wooden spoon in my moms kitchen. She thinks she's too good for Face book but loves Nascar, WWE and UFC like no bodies business.











Mike, Carrie's hubby. True manly man, hunting, fishing, four wheeler riding.





































Oh Sara, my middle sister, middle child syndrome to the max. She claims I'm adopted and will believe it until the day she dies. Was going to send me a letter in the mail when I was home sick at girl scout camp telling me that the fam picked up and went to Disney World while I was gone. Yea, I know, evil but that's okay, she's getting it back and worse. No one would've ever thought Sara would be the nurturing mother when we were young, with trapping me in a sleeping bags and holding me under water in the pool when were kids and all! But with her step son Austin and two daughters Lily and Emily she we were proved wrong, but boy does she have her hands, feet, diaper bag, purse, car,house, insanity full. She's constantly got one at the heels of her feet, the other in her lap and another on her shoulders. which is why I'm constantly doing this...
































Honestly, this guy except 6 foot 4 and this is my bro in law Jeff. Prays to his BBQ pit and endless movie collection every night and believes that dinner time doesn't start till 8 at night. He can have a whole conversation with you with quotes from family guy.



And Last but not least, the perfect couple. The couple with the love story that that will be passed down from child to child and their children and their children. It will be that fairy tale love story that brings loved ones closer together, inspire those who aren't in love to find it and those who mistreat it to make it right. Yep, the charming romantic story of two people who found each other by fate in the produce section of walmart.







No comments: